Thursday, September 8, 2011

Daily Impact: September 7, 2011

My Daily Impact, Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This is the 16th posting to my blog.

Grid power use for Tuesday was 11 KWh. A good number which will hopefully get lower.

I woke up to a nice surprise. A cool, breezy morning. I flung open every door and window to get that nice fresh air into the house. What a treat. The freshness of the air also got me motivated. Today would be the day to install the wind generator.

I am happy to report that everything went very well. I had already assembled the generator onto the mounting pole, and just needed to mount the pole onto the chimney, and assemble the blades onto the generator. I stood atop the chimney while attaching the blades, and enjoyed the view while working. I only had to climb down once when I dropped the allen wrench.


I like the way the windmill looks up there; I would just like to see it spin in the wind! There was only enough breeze to make the windmill turn into the wind, but not enough to make it spin. It has not produced a watt yet, but I will be patient, and wait for some serious wind.

Wednesday was one of the few days that I did not travel from the neighborhood. I intended to go downtown in the evening to walk, but the rain had a different plan. I had one of those bacon-wrapped fillets with some Green Giant Brussels Sprouts for dinner. Is there such a thing as half vegetarian?

Total grid power use for Wednesday was 9 KWh. I just love those single-digit days!


The above shows my little power company. If not anything else, I think the windmill looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment