Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Daily Impact, October 6 and 7, 2011

This is the 28th posting to this blog.

Thursday, October 6th was a slower day than Wednesday. I hung up the sliding doors, and one worked perfectly. The other one needed a different hole drilled for the roller, but ended up just fine. I am pleased with the results, and will add a third door to the second bathroom.

Food wise, I did well until dinner with friends. I had a BBQ beef sandwich with greens and sweet potatoes. The guy at Cecil's really piled on the beef, and that made the major impact for the day. Travel to dinner was with the e-scooter, and that was charged mostly with solar power. About 200 watt-hours was from our meeting house.

The grid power was off at the house for a ZERO KWh day. Yippee!

Friday, October 7th meant a trip to Home Depot in the truck. This was for the new bathroom door. I ate at Ikea on the way there, so bacon was ingested. I did not do too much work with the new door, and went out on the Honda to meet friends. The 24 mile round trip put out about 4 pounds of CO2. Dinner was one of those bacon-wrapped fillets and the remainder of that broccoli from Target. The other impact came from charging the truck for the 15 miles run for the week. That was 8 KWh. The truck is much less efficient when it sits without charging for a while. Batteries leak power quite a bit unfortunately

Total grid power for the house was 1 KWh, and the truck's 8 makes a total of 9. The presence of rain and overcast skies forced me to use grid power for the fridge. I am lucky that there was still enough solar hot water for a nice shower. I do not know if that will be true if the rain sticks around too long..

No comments:

Post a Comment