Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Daily Impact, October 3, 2011

This is post number 25 to this blog.

My impact on our planet for Monday was mixed. I was able to go through the day using no gas or oil, and I rode the e-scooter with mostly solar power. I did charge it for about 75 minutes at the meeting house last night; that was about 200 watt-hours of grid electricity.

My food intake was where I probably did some damage. I went to Ikea for free breakfast, and had those two strips of bacon and that coffee. I had a banana and some snacks during the day, and there was some wrapping which went into the trash. Dinner was one of those bacon-wrapped fillets from Aldi and some broccoli. I do not know the origin of broccoli from Target, but it is probably not too close.

The grid power was mostly off in the house except for cooking dinner and washing sheets. These two activities used only 1 KWh of grid power. I just love fall in Florida; I hope to have only used about 225 KWh for this past month, and hope to be less than 70 for next month. That will be my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment