Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Daily Impact, October 5, 2011

This is the 27th posting to my blog.

Wednesday was a very productive day. I met my friend Michael for breakfast at Ikea, and had the usual eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Maybe I should pass on the bacon to make less of an impact, but it tastes so good!

From Ikea, I went to Home Depot to get a few things to finish installing the sliding doors. One of the things I got was primer. I should have purchased latex primer, but got oil-based instead. It has been a long time since I used oill-based paint, and it is nasty. It does go on thick, and covers well, but I had to toss the brush when I was through. Nasty stuff. I am also not sure what kinds of gasses come from that stuff, but at one point I felt a little high. A little fresh air, and it passed though.

I worked all afternoon on the doors and painting, and wanted a quick dinner. I had a coupon for buy one, get one free chicken sandwiches at Burger King, and I wolfed both of them down. Not much of a ballanced meal, but it was good.

I charged the e-scooter using grid power, and used power tools and lights all afternoon. The result was 1 KWh of grid power for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment