Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Daily Impact October 4, 2011

This is the 26th posting to this blog.

Tuesday was a beautiful day here in Orlando. It was cool and sunny, and the solar panels made lots of power. The windmill sat idle, but the winds will return. I was able to stay off-grid for most of the day until I tried to run the table saw. My little inverter would not have it, and shut down. Lucky for me, it was just a matter of reseting the inverter, and juice flows once again.

I was using the table saw to cut some wood for the installation of the sliding doors for the house. One is installed, and it works very well. There were several new raw materials used in the process, and each has its impact. The doors probably made the most of that impact. They are hollow core wood doors 36 inches wide. I wonder how much CO2 the manufacture and shipping of the two doors produced. There is also the hardware. Two aluminum tracks, and the steel nuts and bolts to hold everything together.

I only know that I owe for the 6 mile round trip in the truck ( I did not charge it yet ), and the power to run the table saw, and cook my dinner. Dinner was again a fillet and broccoli.

On the plus side, total grid power use was again only 1 KWh. Gotta just love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment