Thursday, August 18, 2011


My Daily Impact August 16, 2011 and August 17, 2011

This is the seventh entry in my blog.

Yesterday afternoon, I lost my wallet. That really sucks. I rode the e-scooter up to Walmart (serves me right for shopping there in the first place (because it is evil)), and ost my wallet either at the register, or somewhere along the way home. It makes me feel like such an idiot. At east it has been about 25 years since last loosing one. That meant an extra trip to Wamart, but at least it was on the most efficient ride I have. I made lots of calls last night to cancel credit cards, and at least no one had used them yet.

Grid power use yesterday was 16 KWh. Again, there was help from the skies above in the form of cool rain. I did not eat too much yesterday, and the thing with the most mileage on it was the package of Green Giant frozen vegies.

Today, I went to Ikea for free breakfast, and only used one napkin. The plate, cup, tray, spoon and fork went into the dishwasher. At least that store utilizes solar water heaters. I then went to Target for a new wallet. It is made of leather, and came from China. My new wallet certainly has some mileage on it already. It would seem that with all of the beaf consumed in this country that there would be a good supply of leather right here in this country, and even in this state.

It is time to have some dinner, and it wil be one of those bacon-wrapped filets from Aldi along with some more of those Green Giant frozen vegies (buy one get one free at Publix this week). After I finish my walk downtown Saturday morning, I will check out the farmer's market in Winter Park to try to get some local veggies.

Wednesday, August 17

I had a slow day. I caught some type of alergy or summer cold, and I did not feel like doing much. On top of the way I felt, the sky was overcast most of the day. Power use for Tuesday and Wednesday was 15 KWh each. The cooler temperatures due to rain again helped keep this power use down. Thankfully, there was still enough hot water in the tank to take a nice shower.

I did finally go out to the library and to Mc Donnalds. I used the e-scooter, and all of the charging was here at home. I got four hamburgers at Mickey D's because they are only 49 cents on Monday and Wednesdays. Here we go with that meat thing again, but what can I say.

Today, I am meeting my friend Michael at Ikea for breakfast. I will bring my own mug, and use only one napkin. Later today, I am taking Astro to the dog park. It has been exactly one year since I brought him home from the pound, and I wanted to celebrate with him. This means using the truck, and some extra power from the grid. We will see how much extra this will bring up average consumption.

The following picture shows how I try to keep the hot sun off of the front of my house. The extra shade curtain is only necessary August through October.


No comments:

Post a Comment